BREAKING THE CHAINS – Recovery Program
Breaking the Chains is a recovery program designed to set men free of the chains and bondages that have robbed them of... hope, livelihood, families, and a future.
MISSION STATEMENT: Breaking The Chains mission is to equip men to become fully functioning and self sufficient so they may go out into the world and make a positive impact in their family and community.
- TRANSITIONAL HOUSING: We provide a safe place to bring stability to homeless men so they can focus on turning their lives around from life challenges.
- WORK ETHIC: Each participant sets goals for their personalized recovery program; which includes working in the food bank and soup kitchen. These activities give the men the opportunity to engage in a fulfilling lifestyle. It builds both a work ethic and self-esteem. While they encourage and focus on others, they find that they are encouraging themselves.
- LIFE SKILLS: This program equips the men with tools to break free from their life challenges, while empowering them into a productive lifestyle.
- FAITH-BASED RECOVERY PROGRAM: The men attend weekly training and support meetings. These sessions focus on goal achievement, self-image improvement, understanding the forces working against them, spiritual reconciliation, team spirit, letting go of the past, exiting compensation modes, adjusting expectations, negative response management, harnessing positive forces, etc..
- PASTORAL CARE: Chaplains are available to come alongside the men for emotional, spiritual, and relational needs support.
- COMPANIONSHIP: Each participant has a unique story. The men’s relationships with each other provide essential emotional support. Those who are further along in the program serve as mentor for those not as far along.
- CHURCH ACCESS: The men have access to various spiritual meetings throughout the week through partnering churches, on-site or nearby.
LIST OF CURRENT NEEDS:
Beds: Twin mattresses, bunk-beds, air mattresses.
Bedding: Sheets, comforters, blankets, pillows, sleeping bags.
Linens: Bath towels, face towels, wash cloths.
Personal Bags and Backpacks: To help keep their belongings together.
Toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, combs, brushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth rinse, disposable razors, body lotion, foot powder, deodorant.
Transportation: Mini van, bus tokens, rides, or money for them.
Job & Life-Skills Training: Assistance with resumes, with interviewing, skill development, pc and internet assistance and research skills, etc.
Physical Training: Memberships or access to recreation centers, YMCA, city athletic programs, etc.
Personal Mentors: Those who may want to dedicate some time to listen, coach, and mentor the men by helping them to reach their goals and dreams.
ACTS currently has a waiting list to get into this program and daily we have to turn men away. This could be resolved with your much needed financial support... please consider partnering with ACTS, your support is so desperately needed!
For You brought me out of darkness and the shadow of death, breaking the chains into pieces! Psalm 107:14
For more information contact: IronMike or L.C. (303)477-0006